Thursday, July 11, 2019

Our Story BEFORE The Story ~ LOST IN BEAUTY


Mina Everheart:
I’m a princess. A lot of people, after they hear about the King’s generosity, think that everyone is a child of the King by default. But that isn’t true. You have to be chosen. You have to be adopted. You have to want to be adopted.

I wanted to be adopted … after all, I became an orphan at age 5. But don’t feel bad for me. Sure, it’s sad. Worse – maybe. I mean, who’s to judge really? – but, worse, my parents were murdered. In front of me.

Yeah, okay, that makes me a little sad when I think about it, so I don’t think about it too often. I think about how much my parents loved each other and Egyptian artifacts. How they hunted for the truth. I think about how the King gives everyone purpose.

So when the King came for me, I was ready to go, thank you very much. Of course, my friends from the Kingdom say that I’m always ready for my next adventure. And, perhaps I have been a bit of nag, bugging the King about sending me on a mission, but, come on, can you think of anything more exciting? Besides, I just turned 20. I’m ready. Ready for whatever the King has in mind.

Hawk: I’m the 436th pharaoh of Osaze Island. We have kept the traditions of our fathers for thousands of years. I understand duty. I understand maat. And I don’t like change. Unless it is change that gets us back to how things have been for thousands of years. Because I am willing to admit that Osaze Island isn’t what it used to be. We need rain. We need children. And this part I hate to admit, but we need a pharaoh who doesn’t question his own divinity. Is it any wonder that Aten doesn’t hear my petitions?

What I don’t need is a prophesied princess. I don’t mind that one has been foretold. That contains the Osaze women’s expectations of marrying me. But I don’t actually need a princess to appear….

~ ~ ~ ~









Our Story Title:   LOST IN BEAUTY

Our Story Genre:  Speculative Romance

Our Story Released: July 2018 - (Happy anniversary)

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:    Gloria Clover



Gloria Clover writes speculative Christian romance in the Children of the King series about the Archipelago of Solmunus, islands that have been invisible to the rest of the world for centuries but inhabited by various people groups who have been deceived in one specific area of belief. Now is the time the King sends out his children to reclaim his lost lands.

Gloria shepherds American Heritage Girls Troop PA0031 and works in prayer ministry and teaching at Emmanuel Christian Church. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, participating in the ACFW book club and prayer groups.


~ ~ ~ ~

  Get Connected:

  • Website: www.gloriaclover.com

~ ~ ~ ~



WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


Gloria will be honored to gift a winner a signed copy of
Lost In Beauty
~ Be sure to leave a comment to be entered in the drawing ~
DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ July 17, 2019.

9 comments:

HeidiDruKortman said...

That's an interesting premise. HeidiDruKortman@hotmail.vom

Gloria Clover said...

Hey, everyone, my publisher has an incredible deal going on now. 99 cents for the boxed set of five. https://amzn.to/2G3yE8c

journeystojoy.net said...

Good morning, Gloria and welcome to journeystojoy.net

Thanks so very much for allowing Mina and Hawk to come and tell their Stories BEFORE the Story!

Enjoy your time here - praying you lots of visitors!

Deb Gardner Allard said...

Is this book for young adult? I love your write up from the characters’ viewpoints. The storyline sounds interesting.

Gloria Clover said...

Thanks, Heidi. I started the future/fantasy element because I didn't want to do research on settings ... and I do way more research on my chosen ancient culture than I ever did in writing contemporary romance in a new place. :-)

Gloria Clover said...

Thanks for your interest, Deb. I think all ages who like fantasy elements and romantic interests coming from a Christian worldview would enjoy the series.

Catherine Ulrich Brakefield said...


This sounds very intriguing!

Gloria Clover said...

Thanks, Catherine. Each story is set around a different ancient world culture. This one is obviously Egypt. Did you know there was one pharaoh in all the years of their history that believed in one and only one god? Aten. That fact was just too good not to build a story around it.

journeystojoy.net said...

WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!


HEIDI KORTMAN - CONGRATULATIONS, HEIDI!

ENJOY YOUR NEW BOOK!!!