Thursday, July 18, 2019

Our Stories BEFORE The Story ~ Love's Belief ~ Pia and Dieter

My name is Pia Hertz, and I’m from Berlin, Germany. I wanted to be a doctor and attended university, but it became apparent rather quickly that I was swimming against the tide and would never be accepted to medical school. I finished my degree in biology and went into practice with my mother Sabine. It’s been just the two of us since Vati passed away when I was a young girl. It was hard to grow up without a father, but Mutti did her best, and we are very close. I decided I would never marry after my fiancé threw me over for another girl. Mutti and I have been helping women from all walks of life deliver their babies since long before Hitler came to power. But the Nuremburg Laws were enacted requiring us to report the birth of Jewish babies and infants who are born with defects, so the authorities can take them away. We cannot let that happen, so like the midwives in the Old Testament who saved the babies from Pharaoh, we are disobeying the mandates. We can only hope we are not caught, because the punishment is death.

I’m Dieter Fertig, and despite disagreeing with Hitler and his cronies, I was drafted into the German Army in 1939. As horrifying and painful as it was to lose my arm at the Battle of Drøbak Sound in April of 1940, the injury got me out of the military. I returned home to Berlin to my wife, and we opened a small shop that carries a little bit of everything. She became pregnant, but childbirth was difficult, and I lost both her and my son. They’ve been gone just over two years now, and I didn’t think I’d ever love again, but I met the most intriguing woman, who is determined to put herself at risk for the sake of mothers and their babies. Then she asked for my help. Life is now more dangerous than when I was carrying a rifle for the Führer.

~ ~ ~ ~








Our Story Title:   Love's Belief

Our Story Genre:  Christian Historical Romance

Our Story Releases:   May 15, 2019

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of Our Story:    Linda Shenton Matchett







Linda Shenton Matchett is an author, speaker, and history geek. A native of Baltimore, Maryland, she was born a stone’s throw from Fort McHenry and has lived in historic places all her life. Linda is a member of ACFW, RWA, and Sisters in Crime. She is a volunteer docent at the Wright Museum of WWII.

~ ~ ~ ~

  Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


Linda Matchett will gift a winner an autographed copy of
LOVE'S BELIEF


PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO REACH YOU IF YOU WIN!
DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ July 24, 2019.

5 comments:

Linda Shenton Matchett said...

Thanks for hosting me, Joy! Blessings. Linda

journeystojoy.net said...

SO SO GLAD you have joined me and my readers, Linda!

Thanks so much for bringing Pia and Dieter to tell their story BEFORE the story, too.

ENJOY YOUR WEEK HERE.

HeidiDruKortman said...

Looks like a very good story and suspenseful plot.

Jarm Del Boccio said...

Sounds intriguing! And I love your hairnet, Linda.☺️


journeystojoy.net said...

CONGRAT-YOU-LATIONS, JARM!

YOU ARE THE WINNER OF LOVE'S BELIEF THIS WEEK!

Please private message me your address and I'll see that Linda gets it and sends your book!

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!