Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Story Before... The Art of Rivers

I’m Rivers Sullivan. And I was shot.

The good news is—I lived. It didn’t seem like good news, though. My fiancĂ©, Jordan, was shot, too. He didn’t make it. Only ten days before our wedding, I lost the love of my life.

Now, I’m in St. Simons Island, Georgia, to clean out and sell the beach cottage and art gallery I inherited from him. During the first twenty-four hours, I almost drown in the same area where Jordan’s sister did five years ago. Then I find out that people from a sober living facility are running the art gallery I own. Along with Jordan’s black sheep cousin, Cooper Knight.

The last thing I want is to be around people with addictions. My mother was an alcoholic who ended up with a brain injury. I spent my teen years being the grown up instead of the daughter.

The problem is I’m falling for Cooper. And I might need to work on displaying a little grace.

I’m Cooper Knight. And I’ve been in recovery for five years.

I’m an addiction counselor now, and when I’m free, I search the sandbars for victims caught unaware for the St. Simons dangerous tides. I know God forgives, but my family never will. No matter how hard I work to make up for my cousin’s drowning, I never quite feel like it’s enough. I sure never expected to find Jordan’s fiancĂ©e, Rivers, staying at the family cottage.

In a perfect world, Rivers would be everything I ever wanted in a woman. But the world isn’t perfect—especially not me. Besides, I couldn’t cause more pain to my family by getting involved with her that way. I just pray I can find a way to help Rivers move through her grief and on with her life.

~ ~ ~ ~




My Story Title:   The Art Of Rivers

My Story Genre:  Contemporary Inspirational Romance

My Story Releases:   June 30, 2019

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:    JANET W. FERGUSON



Janet W. Ferguson
grew up in Mississippi and received a degree in Banking and Finance from the University of Mississippi. She has served as a children’s minister and a church youth volunteer. An avid reader, she worked as a librarian at a large public high school. She writes humorous inspirational fiction for people with real lives and real problems. Janet and her husband have two grown children, one really smart dog, and a few cats that allow them to share the space. Janet loves to connect with readers.

~ ~ ~ ~

Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


Janet will be offering a signed copy of her award winning novel 

~ Magnolia Storms ~
to one reader who leaves a comment!

Drawing is to be held Wednesday evening - June 5, 2019



8 comments:

journeystojoy.net said...

Janet, Thank you so much for allowing Rivers and Cooper to appear at journeystojoy.net.

This is a compelling look at your upcoming book, and I'm grateful you have shared your characters' backstory with us!

Janet W. Ferguson said...

Thank you so much for allowing me to introduce my characters! I hope your readers enjoy The Art of Rivers!
Blessings,
Janet

Unknown said...

I enjoy your books! I am looking forward to another great book!

Unknown said...

Omg Janet. This book sounds wonderful.

Janet W. Ferguson said...

Thank you so much for the kind encouragement! I hope y'all enjoy reading it!

Patty said...

Thanks so much for sharing about this upcoming release! As a Carolina girl I enjoy reading books set along the South Atlantic coast. St. Simons Island is somewhere I would love to visit.

Janet W. Ferguson said...

It's such a beautiful area, Patty! I love beach settings myself!

journeystojoy.net said...

Our winner for this week - WINNING MAGNOLIA STORMS

IS PATTY!

CONGRAT-YOU-LATIONS, Patty for your win and for stopping by to leave a comment!


Please email me at joyjournaling@gmail.com with your contact info - name(first and last) mailing address and I will see that Janet gets your book to you!

Hugs