Thursday, May 23, 2019

My Story BEFORE The Story ~

I'm Miriam, and I was a good girl.

I helped my ima with the chores and took care of my baby brother Zaccheus. I was kind to those around me. I prayed to Jehovah and listened intently to abba when he read from the Torah. I did everything I was told to do. From the outside, I was doing everything right. Or so I thought.

But inside I was selfish and self-centered. And maybe a bit prideful. My actions shouted, “Look at me! Aren’t I virtuous? What an example of a righteous life I am!”

If I were to be honest, my insides — my heart — did not match my actions. I thought only of myself and my own comfort. What would make me happy? Who would make me happy?

I had many friends, especially Jonas, the boy who was raised from the dead by

the prophet Elisha. We spent our days laughing and playing by a nearby stream. We fished and basked in the sun, carefree and content. Trouble was not a word we understood. Tragedy had not yet touched our lives.

My facade continued until one day, we heard of the invasion by the Syrian army in nearby villages. A runner came through the center of Shunem town to spread the news. Fear rose up in our hearts. Would it happen to us? Family members held each other more closely. We planned for the possibility of an invasion. What would we bring? Where would we flee?

All this was for naught, because when the time came, it caught us unawares. Life would never be the same. Especially for this girl with a selfish heart . . .

~ ~ ~ ~



My Story Title:   THE HEART CHANGER

My Story Genre:  Middle Grade Historical Fiction

My Story Released:   APRIL 26TH 2019

~ ~ ~ ~

The Author of My Story:   Jarmila Del Boccio


Jarm (‘J’ pronounced as a 'Y') Del Boccio finds her inspiration in everyday life, but in particular, when she travels the globe, observing the quirky things that happen along the way. Focusing on lives of characters from the past, Jarm is devoted to breathing new life into the pages of history.

Jarm has a background in elementary and high school education, and served for seven years as a school librarian. Grateful for the opportunity, she taught three missionary kids in an isolated area of Papua New Guinea. She is part of SCBWI and American Christian Fiction Writers, and has published articles in "The Old Schoolhouse" magazine.

“The Heart Changer,” her debut MG historical/biblical fiction, releases with Ambassador International April 26th 2019. Jarm is content with the journey God has placed her on, and lives with her husband, adult daughter and son (when he lands at home) in a tree-lined suburb of Chicago. You can connect on her author’s website/blog at: https://www.jarmdelboccio.com/

"My Passion is to Make Scripture and History Come Alive for my Readers: Illuminating the Past. Making Sense of the Present. Offering Hope for the Future.”

~ ~ ~ ~

Get Connected: 

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


The author will be honored to gift a winner a signed copy of
THE HEART CHANGER
Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.
DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ May  29, 2019.

5 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

I loved the challenge of writing this post. . .thanks for hosting me, Joy!

Kimberly Russell said...

Sounds like a good story...I wanna know what happens.

Patti Shene said...

I enjoy Biblical fiction. I think it is amazing that this author can write a story in this time period that would interest middle grade readers.I have not read it, but based on what I had learned about the book, I recommended it to a friend whose granddaughter is an above grade reader in elementary school.

journeystojoy.net said...

I'm so happy to introduce MIRIAM to my journeystojoy readers/followers, and by extension, you as well, Jarm.

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING MIRIAM TO VISIT THIS WEEK!

Hugs

Deb Gardner Allard said...

This sounds like an amazing book.