Thursday, May 16, 2019

My Story BEFORE The Story ~ Whispering Hope

It's my STORY'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY!

Oh dear, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Well, hi there. I’m so glad you dropped in. I’m Virginia Hopewell, Ginny to most everyone. Except Mama. She doesn’t approve of nicknames, even though it was Papa who gave it to me.

You can’t imagine how surprised I am to find myself the main female character in a novel, let alone a suspense story. But since my creator plunked me down in the middle of a deadly scene on the very first page … in Chicago, of all places … perhaps you’d like a little background about how I came to be there that fateful night. I’ll try to fill you in.

Okay, here we go. I’m a twenty-year-old country gal who grew up in a rambling old Victorian–style estate, built sometime back in the middle of the last century, on the shore of Angel Lake in Mewanee, in northwest Wisconsin At least that’s what Mama told me and I have no reason to question that.

Before I was born, Papa, with the help of Uncle Robert, Mama’s brother, had taken some of the estate’s outbuildings, converted them to cabins and placed them along the shore of the lake near the pier and boathouse. Then they closed off part of the three-story house and made it into guest rooms. By the time I came along, The Last Resort was a popular getaway for hunters and fishermen from the big cities like Minneapolis, Superior, Milwaukee, and yes, Chicago.

But things always change, don’t they? The type of guests changed. Mama changed, no longer humming as she worked in the kitchen or serving the guests. Looking back, I see it now, but as a child, spending wonderful days with my cousin Susan sitting at the end of the pier discussing deep things, I never noticed.

Then, at the end of October last year, the bottom fell out of the Stock Market and Papa lost everything. He boarded up the cabins and closed the resort. Uncle Robert, who hadn’t lost much in the crash, which, I admit seemed strange to me, moved to Chicago, alone, leaving Susan and Aunt Lillian behind.

As the new year rolled around, things changed again. Uncle Robert sent for Susan to come to Chicago and work for him. I was devastated. I’d just lost my best friend.

Until, in February, Susan invited me to visit her.

In Chicago.

~ ~ ~ ~




My Story Title:   WHISPERING HOPE

My Story Genre:  Historical Romantic Suspense

My Story Released:  Early May  2018

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:   PEGGY BLANN PHIFER

Author Peggy Blann Phifer lives in the boonies’ of NW Wisconsin with her daughter, son-in-law, and a Border Collie mix dog named Rocky

Peg’s debut novel, To See the Sun, a contemporary romantic suspense, released in January 2012. A second novel, Somehow, Christmas Will Come, contemporary women’s fiction with a touch of romance and mystery, released in November 2014, revised and re-released in late 2015. A recent work titled Whispering Hope, an historical romantic suspense, set during the years of Prohibition, released in early May 2018. A fourth book, Broken, Book 1 in a series of novellas called Sweetwater River, released in September 2018. Book 2 in this same series released the following month.

Peg is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, blogging, supporting her fellow writers, and watching Netflix movies on her Kindle.

~ ~ ~ ~

GET CONNECTED:


~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~

The author will be happy to gift a winner a signed print copy of
WHISPERING HOPE - or - An Amazon gift card for a free eBook from Amazon  - winner's choice.
Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.
DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ May 22, 2019.

7 comments:

journeystojoy.net said...

Peggy - welcome to journeystojoy!
I'm so very glad you sent your character, Virginia Hopewell (Ginny) to us. She's had quite the 'backstory', and I can see why she's so well equipped to tell her story of WHISPERING HOPE!

Thank you, Peggy, for participating in this blog venture!

Much love,

Peggy Blann Phifer said...

Thank you so much for allowing me to introduce Ginny to your readers. She was a fun character to write.

Gail Kittleson said...

I'd love to know more about this heroine and her plot. I'm not very well-educated about Prohibiition, but it seems like an era full of novel fodder! Happy Anniversary, Peg!

Jane Wells said...

Ginny, it's been a pleasure meeting you. If your friend Peggy agrees, I would like to get better acquainted. Btw, Hopewell? What nationality is that?

Rita said...

Great to meet you, Peggy. Historical romance is my favorite genre and it takes a special skill to write it well. Thank you for sharing your talents with the world.

vntubbs@aol.com

Patti Shene said...

Hi Peg. So nice to meet Ginny! Whispering Hope is on my TBR list, but I don't believe I have acquired a copy of it as yet. Every time I see you featured on a blog, I am reminded of Estes Park and snow! You have come so far since then and I am so very proud of you!

journeystojoy.net said...

It is with great appreciation for the gift of a signed book - I get to announce the winner of this week's blog post.

PATTI SHENE - CONGRAT-YOU-LATIONS - thank you so very much for coming to journeystojoy.net to read what Ginny had to say this week about how it came about she got to be in Peggy Blann Phifer's book WHISPERING HOPE

I sincerely hope you'll thoroughly enjoy the rest of Ginny's story - and - please know - I'd be honored to have your characters visit at some point as well with the STORY BEFORE THEIR STORY(IES)

BLESSINGS!