Thursday, May 20, 2021

My Story BEFORE The Story ~ Amy ~ in ~ IMPACT ~ by ~ Audra Sanlyn

My name is Amy and I’ve found myself in quite a predicament. I’m alone. Scared. Angry. No one in this obscure town will understand if I tell them what’s happened, least of all Momzilla. There are two people I might be able to confide in. But I don’t want to let them down. I’m always letting people down, most of all myself. But I have a big decision to make.

Why do I feel so alone, you ask?

Well, let’s start with one of my earliest memories. I was five and Mom and Dad were still living together. My teacher let us each choose a coloring sheet and told us to do our best work. I picked one with a rainbow over a field of butterflies because Mom likes pretty things. Trade in the Crayolas for paints, and I could’ve been Picasso. Or so I thought. I was so excited when I got home and handed it to her.

Most moms light up with a wide-eyed grin and gush out something like, “That’s beautiful! Thank you!”

Right?

Not my mom. She wrinkled her nose and said, “Well, you did the best you could, I guess,” before tossing it on the kitchen table.

I ran to my room and hid the rest of the evening. When I came downstairs the next day, I found it in the trash.

Stuff like this happened over and over as I grew. I want to be a fashion designer, yet every outfit I put together is “hideous.” And I could stand to lose a few pounds. Apparently, 110 pounds is too much for my five-foot-four frame.

My dad isn’t terrible, but he’s never really around, either. Even after the divorce, when I spend weekends at his drab little bachelor pad, he doesn’t talk to me much and has no idea how to convey any type of emotion.

Then there’s Jenna and her mom, Lisa. Jenna’s my Day One. My best friend. She’d never in a million years judge me, but depending on how I make this monumental decision, it could affect her and Lisa, too. And they don’t need any more stress in their lives. Lisa works multiple jobs to make rent, (most months. I think their landlord is getting impatient), and anything other than rice and ramen has become more of a luxury than a necessity.

I’m not sure where God is in all of this. Jenna and Lisa are Christians and I’ve gone to church with them in the past. If He was going to drop this bomb on me, you’d think He’d at least give me a mom who doesn’t despise me. Or a dad who listens. I’m not sure if God and I are on speaking terms right now.

But even if I did ask for forgiveness, I’m not sure He would, no matter what I choose.

~ ~ ~ ~

Audra is offering a signed copy in US or an ebook of IMPACT to one reader.
Winner's choice after drawing Wednesday evening, May 26, 2021!

~ ~ ~ ~









My Story Title:   IMPACT

My Story Genre:  Christian Contemporary Women's Fiction

My Story Released:   May 7, 2021

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:    Audra Sanlyn





Audra Sanlyn is a member of ACFW and ACFW Virginia Chapter and serves as Webinar Coordinator for Capital Christian Writers Fellowship. 
Audra writes a monthly encouragement blog and uses her platform to advocate for the rights of the unborn. 
When she’s not homeschooling her crazy kids, she enjoys music and woodburning and leads the youth ministry with her husband at their home church.

~ ~ ~ ~


Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the opportunity to share this story, Joy! I look forward to chatting about the book.

Natalya Lakhno said...

Momzilla lol I hope that's not how my kids see me ;)
Thank you for sharing!

journeystojoy.net said...

Audra - thank you for participating in journeystojoy's theme.

Glad you're here - enjoy your week!

Blessings

journeystojoy.net said...

Natalya;
To this day, my adult children with teens and adult children of their own, speak about their growing-up-years in ways that makes me wish I could have a DO-OVER on some instances.
Something I'm sure you won't experience!

Hugs,

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading, Natalya! I'm sure we've all felt like we could use a do-over. I'm so glad we have a forgiving God (and hopefully resilient children.) :)

Stacy T. Simmons said...

What a wonderful post, your book sound very good. I always say parenthood is the toughest job you'll ever love.

journeystojoy.net said...

CONGRATYOULATIONS, NATALYA!

You've won a copy of Audra's IMPACT!

Tnank you for your comment - I so hope Audra's book will 'impact' the lives of readers!

Blessings,

Unknown said...

Stacy, absolutely! The hardest things usually reap the most rewards. Thank you so much for reading.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Natalya! I'll send you an email shortly!