Thursday, April 16, 2020

My Story BEFORE The Story ~ Milcah bat Zelophehad ~ CLAIMING CANAAN: MILCAH’S JOURNEY

I am the fourth daughter of Zelophehad. My name is Milcah bat Zelophehad and most people don’t even notice me because my older sisters are very outspoken. One even carries a whip, and she isn’t afraid to use it.

Almost seven years have passed since my sisters and I walked into an assembly and asked Moses if we could inherit our deceased father’s land. Talk about the scandal of the day. My heart pounded louder than a ceremonial drum. Moses checked with God and God said we were correct. If a man died without a son, his daughters could inherit his land. Praise God! God later told Moses that we would have to marry within our father’s clan, so our land would stay with our tribe of Manasseh. I thought that would be the easy part of accepting our inheritance.

But…I have had two men ask to be my husband and both have died conquering the land of Canaan. Now, men are leery to ask for my hand because they believe they may die. That is foolishness! I am not cursed.

What will I do if there isn’t a man brave enough to marry me? Some of my kinsmen are already seeking ways to snatch my portion of my father’s land. My sisters are married or have a suitor, though I remain alone.

“Who will it be, Lord,” I ask, chin tipped toward my tent top. The ramskin doesn’t answer. I trust God to answer. God will provide a way, so I can be a landowner. “I’m going forth with You, Lord.” I will keep my eyes open and wait for a new betrothed. I am trusting God to provide a husband even if a man has to fall from the sky.

~ ~ ~ ~





My Story Title:   Claiming Canaan ~ Milcah's Journey ~

My Story Genre: Biblical Fiction

My Story Releases:   Ebook ~    April 17, 2020
                                    Paperback ~ May 1, 2020

~ ~ ~ ~




The Author of My Story:    Barbara M. Britton             

Barbara M. Britton  lives in Southeast Wisconsin and loves the snow—when it accumulates under three inches. Barb is published in Biblical fiction and enjoys bringing little-known Bible characters to light in her stories.

Look for Barb to venture into Christian Historical fiction in 2020 with “Until June.”

She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Romance Writers of America and Wisconsin Romance Writers of America. Barb has a nutrition degree from Baylor University but loves to dip healthy strawberries in chocolate.

~ ~ ~ ~

Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~

The author will be honored to gift a winner:
 $20 Amazon Gift Card 

Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.

DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ April 22, 2019.

WINNER ANNOUNCED ON ~ 
https://www.facebook.com/joy.averymelville

13 comments:

journeystojoy.net said...

Barbara, it's so nice to have you back with characters telling their Story BEFORE The Story!

Thank you so much for participating in this project.

BLESSINGS,


Joy

Barbara Britton said...

I'm thrilled to be back with you, Joy.
Thank you for highlighting inspirational stories.

Terri said...

This is a good book. (Yes, I’ve already read it!)

Barbara Britton said...

Thank you, Terri. I appreciate you joining us.

Greta Picklesimer said...

Sounds like a good book. Thank you for sharing this. Gretaart@yahoo.com

Renette Steele said...

Loved these 5 brave women.
Hate to see them go.
They made me laugh and cry.
Thank you Barbara for blessing me with the daughter of Zelophehad.

Barbara Britton said...

Thanks for joining us, Renette! I am so happy you liked the girls' stories. I'm still amazed how I missed their story all these years of belief.

Carol James said...

I Can't wait to read this one, Barbara. I loved the comments by the character. Thanks for bringing the stories of these young women to life. Blessings to you.

Barbara Britton said...

Thanks for joining us, Greta. I had so much fun writing about these historic girls.

Barbara Britton said...

Thank you, Carol. I don't normally write in first person, so it is fun to write what the girls will say. Blessings back at you.

Connie Porter Saunders said...

This sounds like a wonderful book. Thank you for sharing.
Connie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

Barbara Britton said...

Hi Connie. Thank you for joining us. I have been blessed discovering the daughters of Zelophehad.

journeystojoy.net said...

CONGRATULATIONS go out to Greta Picklesimer!

So happy to announce you've won the $20 gift card Barbara has offered to one winner!

BLESSINGS,