Thursday, October 10, 2019

Our Story BEFORE The Story ~ Rachel and Emily ~ The Trouble in Willow Falls

The day I spread a blanket on our foyer floor and invited Mom to join my audience of stuffed animals she applauded my five-year-old version of Aladdin and called me her darling, Rachel, a talented little actress. For six years she inspired me and my friends to create our own one-act performances. Her love and accolades gave my dream wings and made me believe I could fly.

Then cancer snatched her away and reduced my family of three to two. My father rarely watched my childhood performances. He was too busy building Streetman Enterprise into the South’s most successful real-estate-development firm. His vision for my future didn’t include acting. Thus, he began to groom me to follow in his footsteps, hoping one day I’d become his successor. For years I secretly held tight to my dreams, until my final performance as Peggy Sawyer in 42nd Street at the University of Georgia. That’s the night my father presented me with a bouquet of roses and said, “Nice job, Strawberry Girl, but it’s time to grow up and take your place in the real world.” Which I did, for seven long years. Then I met Charlie Bricker and Emily Hayes and discovered Willow Falls.

Hello, I’m Emily. I live two hours north of Atlanta in Willow Falls, the little town where I grew up. Although as an only child I yearned, even begged for a sister, I had a happy childhood and a lot of friends. Some of my fondest memories include Scott. We often played hide-and-seek in his family’s store. He sparked my sixth-grade crush when he found me crouched behind a barrel of kitchen gadgets and kissed me for the first time. Little did I know he’d one day become my husband and inherit Hayes General Store.

Today I’m editor of the Willow Post and an aspiring novelist, motivated by Mom’s passion for reading and my parents’ love for Willow Falls. Most of our childhood friends moved away. The result of the town’s long painful path to failure triggered when Sadie Liles killed the town hero. She spent thirty years behind bars, before returning to scene of her crime.

The story of Willow Falls’ quest to transform itself into a tourist destination, and Rachel’s, Sadie’s, and my collision with truth and destiny began in The Secret of Willow Inn.

~ ~ ~ ~





Our Story Title:   THE TROUBLE IN WILLOW FALLS                                   Willow Falls Series - Book 2
Our Story Genre:  Contemporary Women's Fiction
Our Story Releases:   November 4, 2019

Readers: Mark that on your calendars!!!!

~ ~ ~ ~

The Author of Our Story:    Pat Nichols





Retired from a twenty-seven-year corporate career, Pat Nichols draws on her experience in seven different management positions working with hundreds of amazing women from all walks of life to create stories about women facing challenges in the pursuit of their dreams. Her debut novel, The Secret of Willow Inn, Willow Falls series book one, was released January, 2019. Book two in the series is scheduled for release November 2019. Pat received a 2018 NGCWC Georgia Peach Award for her short story, The Vet and Valentine’s Day and the 2017 CRW Woman of the Year Award. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Word Weavers International.


~ ~ ~ ~

Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


The author will be honored to gift a winner a signed copy of
The Trouble in Willow Falls.
Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.
DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ October 16 , 2019.

12 comments:

journeystojoy.net said...

Welcome, Rachel and Emily (along with your author, of course, Pat Nichols)
It's good to have you here so close to when your story becomes 'public'.

I appreciate the time you've taken to share your Story BEFORE The Story.

Ruth DeMaat said...

This sounds like an interesting view of an only child’s life. And from the perspective of high expectations by the father. I wasn’t an only child, but knew several, not understanding at all how they might have felt without siblings. I only saw what I thought was complete dedication of the parents’ time and money.
Reading about small town life is also fascinating. And the south? What could one learn about the south after only living in the north of mid-west? I need to read this book!

Carlene said...

I cannot wait to reunite with Rachel and Emily to follow their journeys. This has been a delightful book to read...soon to be a series! Exciting.times!

Unknown said...

So many unanswered questions after reading The Secret of Willow Inn. Can't wait to see what happens in The Trouble in Willow Falls!

Linda Brady said...

Based on the title of Book 2, The Trouble in Willow Falls, there could be exciting times ahead. Looking forward to another great read by Pat Nichols!

Deena said...

Looking forward to the continued interactions of Emily, Rachel and Sadie. The first book was a great introduction so it will be interesting to see what these women accomplish in this new book.
deena50@yahoo.com

Pat Nichols said...

Hi Ruth, If you haven't read The Secret of Willow Inn, it will give you a glimpse into life in the south, big city and small towns. I was born in Illinois, grew up in central Florida and now live in Georgia.

Anonymous said...

I am very excited about "The Trouble in Willow Falls" releasing very soon. I know it will be an awesome novel because the first one of the series was such a pleasure to read with it's twists, turns and outstanding characters that you feel like you are right there with them each step.

Unknown said...

After reading rhe 1st book of Willow Falls and Sadie and Rachel, I cannot wait to read the next book.

Pat Nichols said...

Other than writing, what I love most about being an author is connecting with readers. Thank you for your comments.

Lynn said...

Loved everything about this book and have been looking forward to the next book! Having to wait an extra week to start reading it will just make it all the sweeter when it's finally here!

journeystojoy.net said...

Tonight, I want to congratulate, DEENA -

Deena, you have been selected to win a copy of Pat Nichols' book!

I DO HOPE YOU ENJOY THE READ! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Be sure to stop by each week - you might be entered in a drawing another time as well.

Blessings!