Thursday, October 24, 2019

Our Story BEFORE The Story ~ Millie and Jake ~ Millie's Christmas

My name is Millie. I’m a four month old kitten.

My best friend Ruthie is teaching me all about Christmas, especially about Jesus.

Something scary happened though when Ruthie’s big brother Jake—he’s nineteen—fell and broke his ankle. He realized he couldn’t visit his mommy for Christmas, which made him really sad. And Ruthie too.

I’m very grown-up, but I don’t have much life behind me yet to share with you. I asked Jake to share with you about his life, since it has a lot to do with the story. I’m learning so much about people stuff.

Anyway, here’s Jake.

My parents got a divorce when I was about nine, and I’ve always lived with my dad.

We met a nice lady named Judy a year or so later, and once we all knew each other and knew we liked each other, she and Dad got married.

When I was thirteen, they had a baby, a little girl named Ruthie. I never knew how fun it was going to be to be a big brother.

I’m happy living with Dad and Judy and Ruthie. I’m in college now, and it’s helpful to still be able to live at home.

But I visit my mom as much as I can.

After the divorce, Mom moved back in with my Grandma in another state. She got a job and moved into an apartment of her own after a couple years, but she still lives in the same town where she grew up.

Mom told me she really loved me, but she thought it was best for me to stay with Dad. She said she’d been really sick, and she’d explain it to me more when I was older.

I’m older now, and I don’t know if I want to know any time soon. I get along good with my Dad and Mom, and I just want to keep it that way.

I visit Mom in the summer, and every year I spend Christmas with her. It’s our tradition.

But not this year. I broke my ankle pretty bad, and I can’t fly.

Dad said he’s glad we’re going to be able to spend Christmas together. And Ruthie is really happy about it, so I need to be happy for them. I’m praying about that.

~ ~ ~ ~





Our Story Title:   Millie's Christmas

Our Story Genre:  Children’s fiction ages five to eight,
                             (All ages will enjoy this story)

Our Story Releases:   October 22, 2019
                                   (kindle pre-order now)

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:    Kathy McKinsey

Kathy McKinsey grew up on a pig farm in Missouri, and although she’s lived in cities for nearly 40 years, she still considers herself a farm girl.

She’s been married to Murray for 32 years, and they have five adult children.
She’s had two careers before writing—stay-at-home-Mom and rehabilitation teacher for the blind.
She lives in Lakewood, Ohio with her husband and two of her children. Besides writing, she enjoys activities with her church, editing for other writers, braille transcribing, crocheting, knitting, and playing with the cat and dog.

~ ~ ~ ~

Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~



WHERE can the book be purchased?
(Book is up for Pre-Order NOW)

~ ~ ~ ~

The author will be honored to gift a winner an 
AMAZON GIFT CARD
Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.

DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ October, 30 2019.

2 comments:

HeidiDruKortman said...

This is a sweet story. I remember it, Kathy. All my nephews and nieces are older now.

journeystojoy.net said...

Heidi;

You've won an Amazon Gift Card!

CONGRAT-YOU-LATIONS!