Monday, February 06, 2012

Secrets of the Heart by Jillian Kent ~ Don't miss this treasure~




~Historic England ~ Castles ~ Regency ~ Ladies and Lords~

Jillian Kent has brought the  era to life.           ~1817 Yorkshire ~
Her description, her characters, her rich vocabulary ~ all weave the story of 
a girl fed up with the pomp of the aristocratic. It tells of a young man, rich due to his family position, but feeling poor in self-worth. He desires the fulfillment of the call he believes God has made on his life.
This is more than a love-story - a touching story of compassion, dedication with action and intrigue. This book touches on fear, doubt, depression and gives such real and interesting personality to each character along with the insight of how knowing God can change one's outlook.

Jillian Kent has succeeded in causing me a near-sleepness night. I just HAD to keep reading.
When the book was done the ending was satisfying BUT how I wished for more about these  flawed yet dynamic characters.

After reading this story I tried to search out previous books of Ms Kent and to my amazement found that SECRETS of the HEART is her debut novel. I was disappointed by that and wondered if I'd have long to wait for another book.

Then I turned the page:
Amazingly, there was a teaser chapter for the next book in the series
~ CHAMELEON ~  
I can hardly wait to read it! More of Ravensmoore ~ The earl is still very much involved and this time he is in 1818  London.

Don't miss Secrets of the Heart a wonderful book by this gifted/talented author.
You should see her website ~ Complete with castle

YOU CAN ENJOY JILL'S WEB SITE BY GOING TO:
www.jilliankent.com
BLOG:
www.jilliankent.blogspot.com

I hope to review CHAMELEON as soon as I can get my hands on it. Be watching for my response to the second Ravensmoore book. 

A COPY OF SECRETS OF THE HEART IS SITTING ON MY SHELFARI SHELF - Please check it out.

No comments: