Monday, May 24, 2010

A Joy~Filled Heart

A Joy~Full, good morning to you, my dear readers.

I want to express my gratitude for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for the opportunity I have to write for His glory.

A fellow writer saw my need for some help in working with another site and came along side, figuratively speaking, volunteering assistance in the middle of my struggle. She didn't boast her technilogical prowess, she didn't ask for repayment. Instead she offered her time, expertise and most touching of all, a gesture of friendship. How do you value that encouragement and support? I see it as priceless. It may take mere moments, it may take hours, but the generosity and willing heart of someone who chooses to help another rather than selfishly keep her time and projects or knowledge to herself is someone to be commended and is Joy~Fully welcomed.

To be that type of friend is to be prepared by being open to the needs of others; to be observant; to be willing to ignore the self-cost of effort, time and possibly money for the sake of another. Seeking to help a person who could easily be competition is a true mark of a Joy~Filled Spirit extending an open hand of kindness
.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness..." - Galatians 5:22 NASB

I experienced just such an example of that kindness last week. I felt supported by her encouraging, selfless act of friendship in a time-consuming task. Not once did I see a hint of restraint from this busy writer and new-found friend.

Joy certainly filled my heart and continues to glow from within.

Thank~You, Jennifer


Joy~fully grateful...

Proverbs 17:22

4 comments:

Rita Garcia said...

Acts of kindness are precious and always from the heart! I am thankful for friends such as your friend, Jennifer. ~Rita

Andrea Schultz said...

I like your first official post! Congratulations, Joy!

Blessings -

Andrea
Ponderings by Andrea
http://andrealschultz.blogspot.com

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Congrats on your new blog. I'm also thankful for those who gave me a helping hand when I started blogging two years ago.

I popped over here from the ACFW loop after reading your post on storyboarding/seat of the pantsers. Thanks for your tips.

Blessings,
Susan :)

journeystojoy.net said...

Susan,
I tried to find an email for you, but did get to your beautiful blog. I am very impressed with your site. If you should get an opportunity to, and don't mind giving it to me, please send your addy privately to jlmelwrites@yahoo.com. Thank you for your kind words. Joyfully!