Thursday, March 25, 2021

My Story BEFORE The Story ~ Meredith Jaynes ~ Borrowed Lives ~ by ~ Carol McClain

Introducing ~ Meredith Jaynes

Rosemary lay on my belly and stared at me with her big blue eyes. On the top of her misshapen noggin, a shock of red hair stood up in spikes accenting the hematoma the doctors assured me would go away in a few days.

Blood smeared her forehead. Cheesy white vernix dotted her blotchy skin.

My daughter. The most beautiful child ever born.

“Our baby.” John leaned his head near mine. He ran his finger over our newborn’s fingers. The huskiness of his voice conveyed his awe and wonder.

Never had we been so in love—and don’t tell my mother or my sister they were right about forgetting the pangs of childbirth once Rosemary entered the world. I’d never hear the end of their “I told you so’s.”

I learned this from over twenty years of experience. And most recently, they nagged the grace of God out of me when I dropped out of college and married John. Fortunately, this little one waited a year after our nuptials to arrive, or else I’d be accused of a shotgun wedding.

Warm lips caressed my forehead. “Were we worth the forfeit of your dreams?"

I tore my gaze from my child and found John’s warm, brown eyes. Dark lashes and brows made everything about him safe and warm and heaven. I laid my finger on his lips. “I have no regrets.”

His smile?

Oh, melt my heart!

“Besides, we’ll have plenty of time for me to complete my studies after a million babies and an eternal honeymoon.”

The nurse scooped up my daughter for her last Apgar assessment. Losing her heft from my belly left me chilled. I studied every movement the nurse made. Having Rosemary gone this brief moment felt like a lifetime.

I’m glad I didn’t know then what I know now.

~ ~ ~ ~

Carol will be gifting a single EBOOK to one who comments between 
Thursday 4am Eastern~March 25 to Wednesday 6pm Eastern~March 31st
Drawing to be held after 6pm

~ ~ ~ ~ 










My Story Title:   Borrowed Lives
   Book 1 of the Treasured Lives

My Story Genre:  Contemporary

My Story Has Released:   Is on sale NOW!

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:    Carol McClain






 Carol McClain is the award-winning author of four novels dealing with real people facing real problems. She is a consummate encourager, and no matter what your faith might look like, you will find compassion, humor and wisdom in her complexly layered, but ultimately readable work. Aside from writing, she’s a skilled stained-glass artist, an avid hiker and photographer. She lives in East Tennessee with her husband and two pint-sized goats, Peanut and Buttercup, who must be bottle fed. 

~ ~ ~ ~

  Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~




13 comments:

Natalya Lakhno said...

Nice to meet you, Meredith ;)

journeystojoy.net said...

Isn't that a powerful peek at Meredith, Natalya?

Thanks for stopping by with a comment!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Carol McClain said...

Natalaya,
Thank you for a second stop by--met you with Perils to Cheryl. People are telling me they cannot put this book down!

Susan Kite said...

Lovely look at Meredith before her trials!

journeystojoy.net said...

Good of you to stop over at journeystojoy, Susan!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Blessings,

Cyn Taylor said...

Loved Carol's book Borrowed Lives.
As always with this author,
the book was well-written and thought-provoking.

journeystojoy.net said...

I'm so glad you've shared that with us here at journeystojoy.net, Cyn.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Blessings,

Carol McClain said...

Thank you, Sue.

Carol McClain said...

Thanks Cyn.

Marilyn R. said...

Nice to meet Meridith through Carol's writing. Sounds like a wonderful story to read.

journeystojoy.net said...

Thanks for stopping by, Marilyn.

Carol has definitely intrigued me with this one!

Carol McClain said...

Marilyn, Thank you for stopping by. Reviewers have loved the story.

journeystojoy.net said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO

SUSAN KITE

It was nice meeting you here at journeystojoy, Susan. I hope you come back by again - don't wait too long.

BLESSINGS!