Thursday, December 03, 2020

Our Story BEFORE The Story ~ Keegan Stryker & Taya McGill ~ Grave Christmas Secrets by Sharee Stover

My name is Keegan Stryker and I’m an ATF agent (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives). I’ve worked undercover to takedown a weapons trafficker.

Been undercover so long, I can’t remember what life was like before that, but suffice it to say I’m a loner. No relationships because those are dangerous in my line of work. Okay, truth is they’re dangerous for me period. Too much at stake. And what woman wants to be involved with someone who might not come home after a day in the “office”?

My career with the ATF transformed me from the man I once was, but I don’t regret that. Discipline and integrity combined with chameleon abilities taught me to be a better, wiser agent. But no amount of training equipped me to deal with the intensity and irrational thoughts that emotions bring. I can work any scene, any crime, any takedown without issue until people I love are involved.

My stepsister Patrice became an ATF agent too. Following in her big brother’s footsteps. I encouraged her to climb the ladder of success, and I meant it. But her choices and case took her down a dark road that neither of us dreamed would change our lives forever.
Patrice is the reason I met Taya McGill. Well indirectly anyway. Taya’s a force to be reckoned with and she’s a praying woman with a warrior’s heart. I never imagined I’d fall so hard for anyone. Isn’t it strange how tragedy becomes something beautiful when God’s involved?

My name is Taya McGill and I’m a forensic anthropologist. My career is fascinating but the truth is, I live the most boring life imaginable. I dress boring, I decorate boring. I also prefer being around the dead far more than the living. I know it sounds morbid but they’re far less opinionated. They’ll never hurt you. I love uncovering the mysteries behind the cases I work and bringing due justice for victims and families. I longed to work for the FBI but that dream was stolen by someone who promised to love me forever. He lied. And I lost my dream. But I have solace in my job now and I wouldn’t trade that for anything.  And I like it that way.

At least I did until Keegan Stryker threw me over his shoulder. I can laugh at that now, but I wasn’t thrilled in the moment. I’m used to fighting for myself, I’ve had to my whole life. I’m the one who gets ignored, remains invisible in the group. I’m just forgettable, I guess? But I don’t mind. I like the anonymity.

Okay, truth is, having your heart broken can make anyone a recluse. I didn’t consider myself one, I really felt like I was just devoted to my work. That was easier than admitting I was terrified of ever losing control of my life again. Of having a man destroy my heart. And in my self-imposed prison I thought I was protecting myself. Until Keegan walked into the picture, then I realized I wanted to feel love again more than I wanted to live safe.

Love is empowering, terrifying, and absolutely wonderful.

~ ~ ~ ~


MS STOVER is gifting one signed copy of GRAVE CHRISTMAS SECRETS 
to one US resident who leaves a comment.

Drawing to take place WED evening DEC 9, 2020


~ ~ ~ ~





My Story Title:   Grave Christmas Secrets

My Story Genre:  Romantic Suspense

My Story Released:   November 2020

~ ~ ~ ~

The Author of My Story:    Sharee Stover


 
     Colorado native Sharee Stover  lives in Nebraska with her real-life-hero husband, three too-good-to-be-true children, and a ridiculously spoiled dog. A self-proclaimed word nerd, she loves the power of the written word to ignite, transform, and restore. She writes Christian romantic suspense combining heart-racing, nail-biting suspense and the delight of falling in love all in one. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Sisters in Crime, and Nebraska Writer’s Guild. Sharee is a triple Daphne du Maurier finalist, winner of the 2017 Wisconsin Fabulous Five Silver Quill Award, and her debut, Secret Past, won Best First Book in the 2019 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Awards. When she isn’t writing, Sharee enjoys reading, crocheting and long walks with her obnoxiously lovable German Shepherd. Visit her at 

5 comments:

Natalya Lakhno said...

Love the characters ❤️ Romantic Suspense is one of my favorite genres!

Stacy T. Simmons said...

Absolutely loved this book, Sharee Stover has a knack for writing witty and thrilling Romantic Suspense. Fantastic character interview, Joy and Sharee!

Sharee Stover said...

Natalya, Romantic Suspense has all the best elements for sure.

Sharee Stover said...

Stacy, thank you so much for commenting and for your wonderfully kind words!

Marilyn R. said...

These characters are going to have a fantastic story. I enjoy reading Love Inspired Suspense books. Thank you for the giveaway opportunity to win a copy, Sharee.