Thursday, December 05, 2019

Our Story BEFORE The Story ~ Michelle Hadley and Logan Emerson ~ Love In Pictures

Hi! My name is Michelle Hadley. I’m a wedding photographer and hopeful romantic. Yes, I call myself hopeful instead of hopeless because well that’s just depressing! Though I do hope to be married one day, I’m not sure when that will happen because I’m so shy around men that I don’t really date. Instead, I focus like a camera on my clients and capture their love in pictures. I love what I do and I’m really good at it!

I have my own photography studio in Annapolis, Md. It’s in a really picturesque location and I enjoy going to work every morning. But my work is not limited to the location of my studio; I travel near and far for my clients! Sometimes, capturing my clients’ love stories takes me on flights out of the United States of America to very romantic destinations! You’ll have to read my story to “get the picture.”

My clients reflect my passion for diversity. As a woman of color who doesn’t always see people who look like her on mainstream bridal and wedding magazines, I endeavor to produce photography that shows the world that love comes in every color. I want all couples, especially my clients of color and ones who are mixed-race, to see themselves on the front covers of those popular magazines. I want my clients who feel marginalized or overlooked by the world, to feel like someone truly “sees” them and values their love.

When you “meet” me in this story (Love in Pictures), you’ll see that I’m seated in my favorite café, focused on my work while also chatting via text with my best friend Juliana. I’m so busy that I don’t even notice a certain someone who may become a special someone who changes my own story in ways I never could have imagined! Again, you’ll have to read my story for more details! Hint: It takes a whole lot of listening to Juliana and talking to God through prayer, to help me see the man who is picture perfect for me!

Without giving away all the details of my story, I can say that as you journey through the pages of Love in Pictures, you will see how God uses my family, friends, faith and photography skills to paint such a beautiful picture of His plan for my life! I hope that my story will encourage your heart, especially if you are a hopeful romantic like me!

~*~

Hey! I’m Logan Emerson. You may recognize me from the evening news broadcast on TV (if you live in the DMV, you know, D.C./Maryland/Virginia)! I’ve been working my dream job as a broadcast journalist for years now and I’m good at what I do but that wasn’t always my story.

When you first “meet” me on the pages of Love in Pictures, you’ll see that I’m still recovering from a brutal breakup. Long story short, my ex-fiance London broke off our engagement so that she could chase her career dreams. Yep. She chose a modeling career in Paris, France, over our plans for marriage and family. It broke my heart and I thought I’d never recover! In fact, I kept her photo on my office desk in my cubicle for months after our relationship ended. But one day, walking into my favorite local café helped me stumble (literally) onto another chapter of my life. Yes, I met a girl. Her name is Michelle and she is one fine woman. But it’s not only her beauty that drew me in hook, line and sinker; it was her heart of gold!

Meeting Michelle was good for me but pursuing her almost broke my heart again. I entered into a world that I didn’t know existed; a world where people of color are treated differently – and not always in a good way – because of their race and skin tone. Seeing the hardships that Michelle had to go through made me both infuriated and confused. It also made me want to hold her close, protect her and bring happiness to her heart when these injustices turned her beautiful smile upside-down.

Michelle’s brother! Have mercy. He was one of the most consistent roadblocks to our romance! You’ll have to read our story to find out why but I will say that I know (now) that he always had Michelle’s best interest at heart. Just like I wanted to protect Michelle from harm, her brother did too.


~ ~ ~ ~





My Story Title:  Love In Pictures

My Story Genre:  Contemporary Romance

My Story Released:   June 12, 2018

~ ~ ~ ~


The Author of My Story:    Alexis A.Goring




Alexis A. Goring is a writer at heart who loves the arts!

She enjoys the storytelling process from interviewing people for news media and faith-based publications to writing the story, editing the story and publishing the story.

Alexis is an author of Inspirational Romance fiction stories and non-fiction devotionals that inspire the heart. She has written and published three fiction books and her devotionals have appeared in numerous faith-based publications. She is also a passionate blogger and founder of “God is Love” blog.

Always up for a new adventure, Alexis traveled to Italy where she explored the culture, food and language with friends. She even moved to Montana (where the air is fresh and the land is beautiful) to take her first big break in Journalism as the Editor and Reporter for a county newspaper!

Photography is another passion that’s close to her heart. She enjoys capturing people’s genuine emotions on joyous occasions with her camera. She’s experienced in natural light photography and photojournalism.

A total foodie, Alexis enjoys eating delicious food at restaurants (new and old favorites). She loves celebrating special occasions with family and friends over food!

At the end of the day, Alexis hopes that her passion for Jesus Christ will shine through all of her creative endeavors. She wants her writing to touch hearts for Jesus and lead people to Him.

~ ~ ~ ~

Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


The author will be honored to gift a winner an ebook of
LOVE IN PICTURES

Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.

DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ December 11, 2019.

4 comments:

HeidiDruKortman said...

Alexis, Thanks for bringing a glimpse of your novel to my friend's blog. It sounds like one that'll have a big impact.

Alexis A. Goring said...

Hey Heidi!

Thanks for your kind words.

Hope you'll read my book! :)

Merry Christmas and God bless you!

Julie Lessman said...

Alexis, your book sounds WONDERFUL!!

And, Joy, it's SO fun to see Alexis on your blog, my friend -- two of my favorite people together!

I wish you both a happy, healthy, and holy holiday season!

Hugs,
Julie

Alexis A. Goring said...

Dear Julie,

Thanks so much for your kind words!

If you ever read my book, Love in Pictures, I'd love to know what you think of the story! :)

Merry Christmas and God bless you, sweet friend.

Love,

Alexis