Thursday, September 12, 2019

Our Story BEFORE the Story ~ Claire Bennett & Patsy Kowalski ~ Chapel Hill Revival

Hey, there! I’m Claire Bennett, and this is my best friend since kindergarten Patsy Kowalski.

“Hello.”

Patsy isn’t as outspoken as I am. In fact, when we were in Kindergarten, I always spoke for her. She’d whisper to me, and I’d tell the teacher whatever she wanted. If the teacher called on her, she’d cry. They finally tried to separate us into different classes. Ha! They didn’t count on her mama storming into the school to stop that nonsense.

“We’re the owners of The Painted Loon, our art gallery. I paint and Claire’s a potter.”

Patsy, do you remember the morning my Joel left without kissing me goodbye? He’s kissed me every morning before he leaves since we got married, but somewhere in twenty-seven years of marriage, I’d become a LazyBoy recliner. A steady, comfortable piece of furniture. How utterly humdrum.

“At least he wasn’t like Nathan. He was doing sixteen of the Twenty-One Signs of a Cheating Husband.”

True, but nobody likes to be taken for granted. So, we embarked on Operation Marriage Revival. At the same time, the new widow on the hill, Lydia, hesitantly mentioned how Chapel Springs had grown a little shabby and could use reviving.

“And she was right. Since Claire and I were already in ‘revival’ mode, she pulled everyone together and we began a town-wide campaign to freshen up Chapel Springs. Of course, we got a lot of flak from the mayor and his cronies. They’d prefer to leave us stuck in the 1950s and not enter the Twenty-first Century.”

That’s the truth. Then, in the midst of all of it, my son Charlie got engaged to Sandi, and she wanted to have the reception at our house. Her mama erroneously thought I was the cook in our family. I had to learn how fast, so I could cook the dinner she coerced me into. Sandi’s mother was a piece of work. But you’ll have to read the book to learn how I managed it. And the fire was not my fault!

“Our story has been out for 5 years now, and it has remained in the top 100 books in its category on Amazon that entire time. We’re pretty excited about that. Should we tell them what happened with Operation Marriage Revival?”

No way. They need to buy the book to find that out. They can go to Amazon and find it there.

“Or they can leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win it.” (See below)

They can? Well, isn’t that nice!

~ ~ ~ ~




Our Story Title:   Chapel Hill Revival 1st Edition

Our Story Genre:  Southern Women's Fiction ~ Ane's brand - Southern Fried Fiction

Our Story Releases:    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
            CHAPEL HILL REVIVAL 1st Edition !!!! ~ Sept. 2014

~ ~ ~ ~






The Author of Our Story: Ane Mulligan

Ane Mulligan writes Southern-fried fiction served with a tall, sweet tea. She's an award-winning bestselling novelist, a multi-published playwright and contributor to the award-winning blog, The Write Conversation

She resides in Sugar Hill, GA, with her artist husband and a rascally Rottweiler who thinks he’s a teddy bear.


~ ~ ~ ~

  Get Connected:

~ ~ ~ ~

WHERE can the book be purchased?

~ ~ ~ ~


The author will be honored to gift a winner a signed copy of
Chapel Hill Revival .
Be sure to leave a comment with an email address where you can be reached should you win.

DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ September 18, 2019.

7 comments:

journeystojoy.net said...


I want to welcome Claire Bennett and Patsy Kowalski to journeystojoy.

ENJOY YOUR WEEK HERE and THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE STORY BEFORE THE STORY PROJECT.

I want to especially thank, Ane Mulligan for her encouraging presence as well!

WELCOME

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Thanks, Joy! Claire and Patsy had fun chatting with you. Now, they're plotting some more fun.

journeystojoy.net said...


Ane - I understand you'll also be bringing some characters to visit in October as well.

WHAT FUN!

Enjoy your week with us!

Hugs!

HeidiDruKortman said...

So the fire wasn't your fault. I wonder whose it was?

Ruth DeMaat said...

Joy, this sounds like a fun book! Some light-heartedness along with some drama? I would like to win this one! 😄

journeystojoy.net said...

WE HAVE THIS WEEK'S WINNER -


CONGRAT-YOU-LATIONS, HEIDI KORTMAN!

Thank you for participating in this week's blog post

journeystojoy.net said...

Thank you, Ane for giving us such a great glimpse into Chapel Hill Revival and the flair has of getting Patsy to - ahem - talk. LOL

Looking forward to seeing more in your upcoming post in October.

Thanks so much for your participation!